Monday, October 6, 2008

Fire and Light


The only thing familiar to me is the bright light, knowing I’m alive. The artificial sun beating down on me makes me hot. Heat from the inside as well heat all over. I fall off again loosing sight of the light loosing sight of reality. The light shines again but this time fleeting. The room is bright but the light is fleeting, the light of day. Everyone is safe now, well everyone else. I did a good job why me why me. The light comes again the good light, knowing I’m alive. I feel my skin but everything my skin feels is hot. Everything that I touch everything that touches me is hot, why me. Thoughts race through me, is this real, is it me, will I still be me. I fade again with the light. I cough again deep cough hard to catch a breath. Light is all around me but the light I need is too far. I’m all alone no one is here to save me, I was here to save and I did. I did a good job why me why me. I fall and reach for nothing, reach for the air I cannot breathe. Falling further down where there is no hope of waking up. I switched, I brought them out and brought me here, why me, where there is no hope, until the light came again. The wonderful light, knowing I’m alive. Familiar shapes above me, I am not alone, not anymore. The hand that saved me touches me. Still burning but a good burn, knowing I’m alive. I did a good job. They did a good job, why me.

No comments: